AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION UPDATE
- All COVID-19 border restrictions to be lifted
- NSW Skilled Migration Occupation List Update
- Tasmania Skilled Migration Program Update 2022-23
- Hobart welcomes its international flights
- Legislative updates and Workforce Australia
- Changes to Australian entry/exit requirements
- Ukrainian Temporary Humanitarian Visa closing date 14 July 2022
- Fair Work High Income Threshold 2022 increase
ALL COVID-19 BORDER RESTRICTIONS LIFTED
Good news for all travellers to Australia, they will no longer have to complete a Digital Passenger Declaration (DPD) to declare their COVID-19 vaccination status, this also mean that all visa holders can travel to Australia without needing a travel exemption. Following changes will come into effect from midnight AEST on Wednesday 6 July 2022.
DEPARTMENT OF HOME AFFAIRS UPDATES
NSW SKILLED MIGRATION OCCUPATION LIST UPDATE
NSW occupation list website states that the Information about eligible occupations for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) and Skilled Work Regional visa (subclass 491) will be made available shortly.
TASMANIA SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM UPDATE 2022-23
Skilled Migration Program Updates – 2022-23
Migration Tasmania is waiting from the advice of the Australian Government for the allocation of 2022-23 program year and will provide the information on the quota and timeframes for opening to new applications on their website.
Processing time for 2021-22 year program
All the application received in the year 2021-22 will continue to process and Migration Tasmania will record nominations in Skillselect for successful applicants after the 2022-23 year quota is received. The processing criteria for these applicants remains the same as 2021-22.
HOBART WELCOMES ITS INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS
Hobart had a temporary suspension of their international travel since July 2021 has now welcome international flights. There is return of twice weekly flights from Hobart to Auckland giving a boost to the tourism in Tasmania. Australian government is strengthening it’s support for the maintenance of the Hobart airport and providing border service.
LEGISLATIVE UPDATES AND WORKFORCE AUSTRALIA
- With the recent update on the changes in LMT platforms for Job ads which were in affect from 4th July 2022. The applicants who posted jobs on Job active websites before 4th July 22 are required to meet these requirement.
The Workforce Australia web address is www.workforceaustralia.gov.au
- Reminder: The applicants are advised to keep a good records of their LMT and dated screenshots of advertising as a back up to other LMT evidence.
CHANGES TO AUSTRALIAN ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTS
From 6 July 2022 Australian entry/exit requirements have changed:
- People entering Australia do not need to provide evidence of vaccination status
- People entering Australia do not need to complete the Digital Passenger Declaration or Maritime Travel Declaration
- People leaving Australia will not be asked to provide evidence of their vaccination status
- Unvaccinated visa holders do not need a travel exemption to travel to Australia
- Masks are still required on flights travelling to Australia.
- Travellers will still be required to comply with the specific requirements of the airlines, vessel operators and other countries.
UKRAINIAN TEMPORARY HUMANITARIAN VISA CLOSING DATE 14 JULY 2022
The Australian Government offer of a Temporary Humanitarian Stay in Australia will expire on 14 July 2022. Ukrainians, or their family members, wishing to accept the offer must do so by 14 July 2022.
FAIR WORK HIGH INCOME THRESHOLD 2022 INCREASE
Applicants should be aware that for those visa subclasses that use Fair Work High Income Threshold, in 2022 this threshold increases to $162,000 from 1st July 2022