The 189 Visa is a permanent visa for skilled workers who are not sponsored by an Australian company, family member, state or territory. To be eligible for the Skilled Independent visa, applicants must score at least 65 points on the point. The candidate must submit an expression of interest (EOI) and be invited by SkillSelect to apply for this visa. The visa holder and accompanying family members can live, work and study in Australia as permanent residents once the Skilled Independent Visa is approved.
Points Tested Streams – This visa allows invited workers with skills to live and work in Australia permanently. This visa is only valid for those who have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list and have suitable skills assessment.
• The applicant stay in Australia indefinitely
• The applicant can work and study anywhere they wish to in Australia
• The applicant will be eligible to sponsor their relatives for permanent residency
• The applicant might be eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship
• The applicant can travel to and from Australia multiple times for 5 years.
• The applicant can enrol for Australian health Scheme and avail benefits.
• The applicant can include their family members in the applicant while lodging it or after they have lodged and the outcome is still pending.
The applicant may be eligible for visa subclass 189 if:
• The applicant must have an occupation listed on SOL.
• The applicant must have a skill assessment for the occupation
• The applicant must have been invited to apply for this visa
• The applicant must pass the points test
• The applicant must be aged under 45
The requirement of Visa Subclass 189 is:
• Identity Documents
• Relationship Documents
• Character Documents
• Competent English Score
• Partner Documents
• Skill assessment
• Expression Of Interest
The processing time for visa subclass 189 is:
• 25% of applications: 23 months
• 50% of applications: 25 months
• 75% of applications: 36 months
• 90% of applications: 39 months