FOREIGN CURRENY AND EXCHANGE RATE UPDATES
- The Turkish Lira has been removed as a currency that can be used to pay fees and charges in Turkey and replaced with the Australian Dollar as the currency for payment in that country.
- Applicants who plan to pay fees in foreign currencies should be aware of these changes and ensure that the correct fees are paid for applications submitted on or after July 1, 2022.
SC 482 – NOMINATION TRANSFERS
It is a good news for all the SC 482 nomination transfer as the department is prioritising this transfers. It will occur within 7-10 days. The right information must be provided for the application to be decision ready.
ANNUAL FEDERAL COURT and TRIBUNAL FEE INCREASES – 1 July 2022
AAT Fees Structure from 1 July 2022
- For all applications other than relating to protection visa – $3,153
- For application relating to protection visa – $1,940
Federal Circuit and Family Court Fees Structure from 1 July 2022
- Full fees – $3,535
- It can be reduced to $1,765 if the registrar or authorised officer determines that the applicant may pay the reduced fee.
FAIR WORK COMMISSION – Minimum Wage Case June 2022
- From 1 July 2022, the National Minimum Wage will increase by $40 per week, which amounts to an increase of 5.2%.
- The FWC also announced that minimum award wages will increase by 4.6%, which is subject to a minimum increase for award classifications of $40 per week and based on a 38-hour week for a full-time employee. This means minimum award wages:
above $869.60 per week, will get a 4.6% increase
below $869.60 per week, will get a $40 increase.
- The increases will happen in 2 stages. Most of this will increase from the first full pay period on or after 1 July 2022. For employees working in the aviation, hospitality and tourism industries, the increase will happen from 1 October 2022.