Reminder for Multiple applications
· An applicant who has lodged multiple applications, such as SC 408 COVID AGEE visas or student visas that are still awaiting processing even though the student has completed their course, are reminded to withdraw any pending applications if a more desired visa is granted to the applicant.
· A real risk exists of a desired visa being overridden through the grant of another visa. While s82 allows for rectification if this occurs with a temporary visa overriding a permanent visa, this does not apply when two temporary visas are involved.
· RDA Southern Inland is no longer able to accept applications for the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) for the remainder of the 2021-22 program year
· From May 15, VETASSESS will no longer accept new applications for assessment for the Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485) visa. You can read the Government announcement here.
Ukraine visa support
Ukrainian nationals who wish to make a visa application to travel to Australia must hold one of the following:
· a valid passport, which may include:
· passports that have been extended by an Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine or the Ukraine State Migration Service with an inscription stating the extended validity date
· additional minors (under 16) inscribed in a parent/guardian’s passport notated by an Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine or the Ukraine State Migration Service
· a certified Certificate of Identity issued by an Embassy or Consulate of Ukraine by a neighbouring country
· an internal passport in the form of an ID-Card, that states in both Ukrainian and English: full name, date of birth, place of birth.
Further important information including for those without travel documents, children travelling with one parent, medicals, is available on the Ukrainian visa support webpage.
Department of Home Affairs Updates
Student visa applicants
· The Department’s website has been updated for student visa applicants who are unable to complete English tests, biometrics or health examinations with the specified timelines:
· If you are unable to provide additional information within the specified timeframe, attach evidence such as a payment receipt or booking confirmation in
Sponsored Parent – SC 870 visa holders
· Sponsored Parent (Temporary) SC 870 visa holders who were outside Australia on 1 July 2021 have had their visa period automatically extended by 18 months in response to COVID travel restrictions.
· If the visa is extended under this concession, the additional 18 months will not count towards the cumulative 10 years maximum stay period.
· Sponsorship obligations have also been extended for the same 18 months period.
· Visa details and conditions should be checked in VEVO.
States and Territories Updates
Tasmanian now has enough applications on hand to fill its State Nomination Program quota to the end of June 2022. New applications are temporarily restricted to invited candidates only.
· Applications ‘In Progress’ at 5:00pm (AEST) 15 April 2022 will be able to be lodged until 14 days after commencement (as advised during the online application process).
· New applications created and then lodged after 5:00pm (AEST) 15 April 2022 will only be eligible for consideration if the applicant has been invited to apply by Migration Tasmania. Applications lodged without an invitation will be declined.
· Applications lodged before 5:00pm (AEST) 15 April 2022 will be processed as normal until all nomination places are used. Any remaining successful applications will be nominated against places allocated to Tasmania in the 2022-23 program year.
· Applications that are not processed before 30 June 2022 will be processed in the next program year.
Further information is available on the Migration Tasmanian website
ACT Invitation Round
ACT Invitation Round took place on 19 April 2022 invitations were issued as follows:
Matrix nominating Small Business Owners
· 190 nominations: 0 invitation
· 491 nominations: 0 invitation
Matrix nominating 457 / 482 visa holders
· 190 nomination: 1 invitation (95 points)
· 491 nomination: 0 invitation
Matrix nominating Critical Skill Occupations
· 190 nomination: 18 invitations
· 491 nomination: 0 invitations
Matrix nominating Critical Skill Occupations:
· 190 nomination: 5 invitations (85 points)
· 491 nomination: 0 invitations