Frequently Asked Questions

1 Did the overseas travel resume, and can we apply for the visa?

Enter The ContentYes, from the 1st of December 2021, Australian borders are meant to open for eligible subclasses. But, in the recent announcement by the Australian Government, reopening these borders has been put on hold until the 15th of December 2021 due to the new variant of COVID-19. The visa application for these specified visa subclasses can be made. View the complete list of eligible subclasses: 

#2 Can I bring my family/ dependents to Australia with me? Are they allowed to work?

Your dependents/ family can accompany you to Australia or join later as the subsequent entrant on most of the visas as long as they meet specific requirements of the visa grant. The visa conditions determine whether or not a dependent can work in Australia.

#3 If you are on a 482 visa and your sponsoring employer decides to terminate your job, you will have 60 days to either:

- Look for another employer who can nominate you.<br>
                        - Obtain a different visa.<br>
                        - Leave Australia.<br>
                          If your job ends, we can help you figure out your visa alternatives if you want to stay in Australia.<br><br>

#4 What will happen to my visa/visa application if i have a criminal record?

The visa application may get cancelled or refused if the application is still under process if an applicant is convicted of a criminal offence. It will depend on the severity and nature of the criminal offence/record along with the particular circumstance of the applicant.

#5 When will the new replacement visa will be available, and what documentation will i need to apply for the visa?

From July 1, 2022 you will be able to apply for a replacement visa depending upon eligibility. The new visa's documentation requirements will be available when applications open in July 2022.

#6 Can I travel overseas under a bridging visa?

If you hold Bridging Visa A and waiting for the visa outcome, you can travel overseas by applying and getting Bridging Visa B. However, under the current travel restrictions, you will need the exemption to travel to enter Australia as a bridging visa is not an eligible subclass for the travel purpose.

#7 Is it possible for me to change course while on a student visa?

Yes, you can change the course while being on a student visa, but while changing the course, you must maintain the AQF level at an equivalent or higher to your current study course. Otherwise, you may breach your visa conditions that can have serious consequences!

About your Migration Matter

Book your migration Consultant.